Municipal & County Emergency Warning
Standard emergency warning systems sound sirens to alert of approaching danger, but are incapable of clear voice broadcasts containing critical information about the severity, location and duration of the situation and potentially lifesaving directions.
LRAD Genasys systems go anywhere communication is needed.
From hand portable devices to larger systems temporarily or permanently mounted on trailers, vehicles, helicopters, poles and buildings, LRAD Genasys™ systems combine warning sirens with highly intelligible broadcasts to provide information and instructions during preparedness exercises and emergencies.
Unlike siren mass notification systems, LRAD Genasys public safety notificationsystems warn and communicate critical information to populations not receiving automated phone calls, emails, text messages, and other emergency notification measures by broadcasting warning sirens and clear and unambiguous voice messages over wind, traffic and background noise up to 12 sq. kilometers from a single installation.
LRAD systems provide a superior capability to communicate live or recorded multilingual messages for:
- Communicating instructions to relief volunteers during disasters and emergency preparedness exercises
- Conducting search & rescue operations
- Supervising cleanup efforts
- Quickly disseminating warnings and instructions over localized or large areas
LRAD minimizes the number of emergency personnel needed to conduct and supervise large volunteer efforts during disaster drills and in the aftermath of a catastrophe.
LRAD Genasys broadcasts facilitate safety and save lives during crisis situations including:
- Severe Weather, Earthquakes, Tsunamis, Fires & Flooding
- Fire / Explosive incidents
- CBRN / HAZMAT incidents
- Bomb / Active Shooter threats
- SWAT operations
- Area / Campus / Building lockdowns
- Large Freeway / Derailed Train Accident scenes
- Evacuation / Shelter-in-Place notifications
- Humanitarian / Disaster Relief
- Search & Rescue operations
- Incident Management Command
The LRAD Genasys Advantage:
- Lightweight, low profile, robust construction withstands up to 200 mph winds
- Greater efficiency and reduced power consumption
- TCP/IP based
- Combines warning siren with clear & unambiguous voice communication
- Flexible broadcast area coverage
- Standard 24V DC with AC or Solar charging
- Capable of running several hours continuously on two standard 12V batteries (Significantly exceeds one-hour requirement)
- Continuous run option on AC 110-120V 50/60Hz
- Flexible solutions that easily integrate and connect to existing systems
- LRAD acoustic solutions are widely recognized for their reliability, affordability, effectiveness and safety.